About the ILANP
Founded in 1999 and incorporated in 2003, the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians (ILANP), an affiliate of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP), is a professional trade association of naturopathic doctors in Illinois. The ILANP is a professional association of naturopathic doctors (NDs) who live and work in Illinois.
The ILANP requires our professional members to meet the following criteria:
- Graduation from an accredited graduate-level, four-year, in-residence naturopathic medical program recognized by the US. Department of Education
- Pass the required licensing exams
- Maintain a valid license in one or more of the 18 states that currently regulate naturopathic medicine
- Recent graduates and students attending an accredited school can also apply for membership. Please see our membership page for complete member guidelines.
Our VisionTo create full access to safe and comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for the residents of Illinois.
- To establish licensure for qualified naturopathic physicians
- To promote public safety and professional accountability
- To ensure universal access to naturopathic treatment options
- To support the naturopathic physician membership in their professional endeavors
- Non-profit professional trade association
- Affiliate chapter to the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Volunteer association
- Sole incorporated organization representing the interests of naturopathic medicine in the state of Illinois
ILANP Supports the Following Activities:
- Pursuance of licensure and regulation of naturopathic physicians in the state of Illinois
- Increase public awareness of naturopathic medicine and support the public’s universal access to graduates of federally accredited doctoral programs of naturopathic medicine
- Establish financial support for the association and its causes
- Provide benefits to the members of the association with the development of educational programs, referral networks, and other professional development opportunities