Founded in 1999, the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians (ILANP) is a
501c6 non-profit, professional trade association of naturopathic doctors, students
and allied health professionals that live in Illinois.
The ILANP advocates, educates, and leads naturopathic medicine in Illinois while supporting local naturopathic doctors and students to achieve successful careers and leadership.
The ILANP is dedicated to professional accountability, the promotion of public safety, and increasing access to naturopathic medicine in Illinois.
The ILANP requires our professional members to meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from a 4-year, doctoral-level naturopathic medical school accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME) that is recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Pass the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners (NABNE) board exams required for licensure.
Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations (NPLEX):
Part 1- Biomedical Science
Part 2- Core Clinical Science
- Maintain a valid naturopathic medical license in a current state or jurisdiction that regulates naturopathic medicine.
- Recent ND graduates, ND students and supporting individuals are eligible for membership. Please see our Membership page for complete membership guidelines.
- To establish licensure for qualified naturopathic physicians
- To promote public safety and professional accountability
- To ensure universal access to naturopathic treatment options
- To support the naturopathic physician membership in their professional endeavors
To create full access to safe and comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for the residents of Illinois.